Sunday, August 15, 2010

My Bags are Packed and I'm Ready to go...

So I'm just about all set to go- surprisingly a good 24+ hours before my plane takes off- just a few last minute things, mainly insulin, but then I'm off! I leave tomorrow (Monday, Aug 16) for New York City, where my mom and I will stay the night at my Nana's house and then head to JFK airport on Long Island for my flight Tuesday afternoon. 



       Packing for four months was a struggle to say the least. Luckily, I'm only packing for 1, maybe 2 seasons. The weather in Hong Kong is about 90 degrees in August and only gets down to 50-60 in December so I only had to pack light clothes- I have no idea how I would have packed if I were going to somewhere cold. And just thinking about my suitcase, I probably have too many shirts and shoes; oh well, too late now. I did my best to combine my diabetes supplies- my mom and I managed to fit 16 boxes of strips into just 5 boxes! But the 16 vials of insulin will be in my carry-on bag in a sweet little cooler.
       In addition, My carry-on bags are packed with things for the plane- a book, sudoku puzzles, and word searches, along with my iPod, journal and other fun things that will hopefully keep me entertained for a 16 hours plane ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment