Monday, December 20, 2010

Walking Around Yuen Long


After taking a quick trip to an organization in Yuen Long earlier this semester for one of my classes, I’ve always wanted to go back and wander around. It seemed like such an interesting place, filled with people and activity. So Sunday afternoon, when I had nothing to do, I decided to take a stroll around Yuen Long.
This is what I found:
 
A few  fruit vendor.
Multiple meat vendors. Yep, the meat is hanging and customers just point to the piece they want and the seller puts it in a plastic bag and continues with the sale.

A bakery.



And I didn't take any pictures, but there were SO MANY people. And I was the only Westerner I saw, so of course everybody was staring at me since I stuck out like a sore thumb. Oh well. I'm glad I had the chance to go back and explore Yuen Long on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment