Sunday, October 24, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love.


Last weekend, I was able to see a movie in a movie theater in Hong Kong. I know it doesn’t sound that exciting and the movie has been in and out of theaters in the states for some time now, but it was rather interesting.



First, Lex, Anna and I decided to go see Eat, Pray, Love. None of us had seen it and it was one of the only English movies playing at this theater. Unfortunately though, I haven’t read the book. I know it’s a popular book and if I remember correctly I tried to read it (I read the first three pages) but I couldn’t get into it. And when the movie came out over the summer it was so built up that I didn’t really have any interest to see it. But I decided to see it now to experience a movie in Hong Kong and to get a little reminder of home.

We had to buy the tickets online beforehand, and get this—it’s assigned seating so I had to pick our exact seats out without even knowing who is sitting in front or behind me, how big the theater is, the lighting (yes, there is a lot to consider when choosing a seat in a movie theater). Thankfully the seats I choose weren’t bad at all- towards the back but in the middle.

The seating chart at the theater.

Each row and seat is labeled.

When we got to the movie theater we had to pick our tickets up from an ‘ATM’ like machine and then proceed to the concession stand, because really what is a movie without popcorn? But have no fear, this is Hong Kong so not only could you get what they call ‘salt’ popcorn (which is similar to our movie theater popcorn) but you could get sweet popcorn (or what we consider caramel popcorn) as well as olives, hot dogs, candy, nachos, and they even had a wine bar! It was crazy!



The movie itself was good; it was in English with Chinese (I assume Cantonese but can’t be sure) subtitles and they didn’t interrupt or distract from the movie at all. All in all, our adventure provided a nice afternoon outing.

1 comment:

  1. jealous!! i've been wanting to see it for so long! miss you lady!

    ReplyDelete